Following its policy of providing great free point upgrades for current version 8 users, OakTree Software has released Accordance 8.4. The most important feature is, undoubtedly, the fact that when the option Copy as Citation is used for a given selection of text in any tool pane, the citation now includes the bibliography.
There are several options that can be set under Preferences — Bibliography. To start with, Accordance supports two widespread formats: SBL and Turabian styles, and in either case the bibliography is displayed below the citation or inserted automatically as a footnote, depending on how we set our preferences.
According to its developers, this option will be enhanced in the near future, but look here to see all it can currently do.
For a full list of changes and improvements, check out this page.
Bible Analyzer has just been updated. These are some of the new features available:
· Book/Article Display now within main Window, with separate Window option.
· Books/Articles can be searched as with Dictionaries and Commentaries.
· Text to Speech Capability; can speak a selection or whole page.
· New Audio Player with High-Quality Midi hymns.
· Related Verse Search feature allows selection of words from entered verse.
· A Prayer List Editor that automatically opens and saves prayer notes.
· Can now jump to individual book hits In Search Results.
· Can change the background color of select windows.
Here is a quick list of the improvements taken from the website:
- Command-drag over words or verse references to see a dictionary or commentary article in the Instant Details box.
- Customize the orientation of the Instant Details box and easily copy the information it contains.
- Hover your mouse over most buttons, menus, and controls for Help tags. Hold down the command key while viewing a Help tag to get more detailed help.
- View Greek and Hebrew words in the History menu.
- Easily return to viewing all verses after a search.
- Instantly jump to any book of the Bible.
- Enjoy more accurate highlighting between English Bibles with key numbers and Greek and Hebrew texts.
In addition to all this, Accordance 8.3 includes a variety of other enhancements and interface improvements. It corrects minor compatibility issues with 10.6 (Snow Leopard). The Universal version (compatible with 10.3.9 and up) offers the additional advantages of automatic updating, international localization, Apple services, and more.
As always, keep in mind that Accordance 8.3 is a free update for current users of Accordance 8.
Bible Analyzer 3.7 is now available, and includes some nice new features. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Added a search option for Regular Expressions.
- MiniWindow now has a drop down list of available resources.
- Added the option to show search results as only references (on a single page).
- Some word lists will also now display references.
- Added two Bible quizzes in Master Control Panel.
- Added the date, image, and Proverbs quote to ScripturePad at startup.
- Added Module Creation Tools (Beta, in Suite Editions only).
- Refined and enhanced Statistical Searches
- Changed Module and User file locations (more compatible with Windows Vista)
- Added “Context Preview” for verse link pop-up text. It’s now faster than ever to quickly examine the context of a linked verse.
- Added improved support for custom Bible search ranges in Search Bible dialog.
- Optimizations to user module updates, significantly improving the save-time when changes to a user-edited module are saved.
- Improvements to Verse Guide panel: Added Compare Column toggle button to Bible and Verse List panels. Right-click to change compare text selection.
- Added “Results Panel List” to View menu for alternate access to multiple search result panels.
- Added Select Module Tool items to resource tab right-click menus for convenience.
- Quick Bible Search now behaves as the Go To Verse box in the event a verse reference is entered.
- Improved responsiveness of Full Library Search progress window.
- Verse Export Formatting (Search menu) now supports formatted text (such as bold for verse tags). Some changes to Verse Export Formatting options.
- Verse link detection for User Editor improvements.
Bible Analyzer 3.6.2 has been released. It includes a good number of enhancements, many of which I suggested in this review. I’m glad to see that the developer, Tim Morton, is so keen on improving an already excellent freeware program. If you want to know a little bit about the new features, check out this video tutorial — or even better, download the application and try it.
Accordance Bible Software has been upgraded to version 8.1.2, which includes some bug fixes and tweaks, as well as a very handy new feature that I’d like to mention here, and that is the ability to search for punctuation marks or symbols (character searching) in Tools. Up until now, this feature was only available for Bibles.
The Windows and Mac versions of ScriptureDirect have been updated. According to the developer of the program,
The main new features are the ability to use the scroll wheel and to resize the window (new for Windows). The resizing function should make it easier for users to use other software next to SD or to browse other translations on the internet and compare them to the Greek/English transliteral translation that we provide.
The update can be downloaded from within the program itself (orange globe icon located on the start screen).